(Associate) Principal Scientist PK/PD Modelling Cancer Research (m/f/d)-21704730.07.2021
As of now, we are seeking a talented PK/PD Simulation Researcher to join our Vienna Research Team for cancer research pharmacometrics. In your role, you will shape decisions regarding what drugs, modes of actions and dosage regimens are best suited for achieving the desired therapeutic effect to help cancer patients. We seek for an open, constant learner personality with experience or interest in PK/PD modelling or differential equation modelling of biological phenomena who is stimulated by an inter-disciplinary global scientific environment in one of the world’s most liveable cities. This is a fixed term contract for 3 years with option for extension.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Project lead and development for PK/PD modelling projects in the realm of pharmacological cancer research at Boehringer Ingelheim (BI)
- Identification of modelling opportunities together with BI’s cancer research project teams
- Establishment of biological and pharmacometric hypotheses (pathway hypotheses, dosage regimens, drug candidate assessment, etc.) for drug candidates in BI’s discovery research portfolio
- Interworking with BI’s research lab heads, experimental lab scientists and other BI researchers for model establishment, model parametrization, model training and model interpretation to transform modelling into actionable hypotheses for research project teams
- Development of a computational infrastructure (toolboxes and workflows) to translate models into a self-service platform to be used by researcher across BI
- Being an advocate for PK/PD, signal transduction and pharmacometric analyses within the cancer research department (Researchers, project teams, management)
- PhD in technical sciences (Bioinformatics/Computational Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics) or Biologists/Pharmacologists with excellent mathematical background. Equivalently a Masters degree in above area with significant pharma experience in PK/PD Modelling is considered.
- Pharma experience in above field or as post-doctoral research fellow in academia is desired
- Communicative, highly structured personality with strategical thinking and a solid experience in project management.
- High computational skills in at least one higher programming language (R, Python, Matlab) is a must
- Experience in Cancer Research is desirable
- Excellent English communication skills are required. Additional communication skills in German are considered an asset.
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Sonia Arzt.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.
(We are looking forward to receiving your online application - please enter the Job ID 217047)
Dr. Boehringer-Gasse 5-11
Tel: +43 (1) 80105